Course Copies in Blackboard 9.1 SP13
The following directions will walk you through doing a course copy with the recommended settings in Blackboard 9.1 SP13. This is useful if you need to copy a section of a course from a prior semester into your current semester.
- Open Firefox (We recommend using Firefox for all Blackboard related tasks.)
- Navigate to the course you wish to copy in Blackboard.
- In the control panel, click on Packages and Utilities.
- Click on Course Copy.
- Select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Click Browse to view all courses in which you have instructor access. Select the course to which you want the materials copied.
- Click Select All. (Note that not all items will be selected, but the items that are selected by default are the only ones you need.)
- Check to make sure Copy links and include copies of the content is selected.
- Check to make sure that Include Enrollments is not selected.
- Click Submit.
You will be e-mailed with a notification when the copy has completed. If any errors occurred during the course copy process, they will be listed in the e-mail. Please contact Instructional and Online Technologies if you see errors in the log.
Once the copy has been completed, enter the course to make sure the content was copied over correctly. If any duplicate menu buttons were added to the bottom of the main course menu, you can delete them by click on the arrows on the side of the button, and choosing to delete them.